Test analysis is where the majority of work is performed. Testing Analysts will
perform the functions of analysis and design of test conditions and test cases that will
be executed in later test phases. By using the proven methodology of starting the
testing as early as the requirements will enable defects to be resolved before they become
costly to fix. Knowledge gained in these earlier stages will enable any subsequent
stages of testing to be performed with little or no extra training.
- Reduced cost by identification and correction of defects early in the project lifecycle.
- Increase in the quality of the product based on the formal methodology being applied.
- Reduced risk as a mitigation strategy is in place.
- Thorough testing is performed based on knowledge of business
requirements through early reviews and walkthroughs.
- By basing the testing analysis on the agreed test strategies for the
project we apply the following capabilities based on the levels of
- Requirements verification
- The success of the project is based on ensuring the requirements
have been clearly stated and understood by all parties. Many
potential defects can be resolved at this early stage by performing
- Design verification
- Once the design has been compiled, it needs to be verified both
functionally and technically to ensure that it meets the approved
- Test case design
- Whilst the development work is being performed the test analysts can
now proceed to design test cases that test the system meets the
approved requirements. The test based risk mitigation strategy
developed earlier is used as we know that we won't have unlimited time
to perform 100% test effort.